Friday, April 13, 2007

Head over feet

I am so exhausted.

Not from school, but from everything else. Extracurriculars. Friendships. And I guess studying as well (although I haven't done much of that in the past week, but I'm sure I'll be exhausted from that in a couple of days as well when I realize how horrendously behind I am). Ladies and gentlemen, Michelle has reached her breaking point.

I'm just tired of things. Tired of having to be there for someone. Tired of caring about what others think. Tired of watching people with spring fever. Tired of being taken advantage of. Tired of letting people take advantage. Tired of pretending that I'm having a fabulous time. Tired of caring. Tired of pretending not to care. And I'm tired of feeling bad for all of this.

I feel so fake all the time - my voice is just a little too high-pitched and overeager to be honest. I'm overcompensating.

It sounds bad, I know. But I need a time out from everything. From everyone. From my overanalyzing mind.

How did I change so much in just one year? This time, last year, I was having the time of my life. I was so carefree. So uninhibited. So happy.

Maybe I need another summer fling.

I'm just glad it's summer. I'm burnt out.