Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's like you're a drug

ME
Ugh, I had McDonalds for dinner. Fries and a fudge sundae. And now I feel gross and disgusted with myself.

MIKE
Sounds like someone needs to go to some MA meetings (McDonald's Anonymous)...wah wah.

ME
Hahaha, I totally do!! I'm addicted to their fries and I think about them ALL the time. It's starting to disrupt my life. Hahaha, I'm laughing, but I'm serious.

MIKE
There you go. But you should determine whether it's abuse or dependence

ME
Oh it's dependence. I will do illegal things to obtain it. For instance, I will leave work early because I need to get some fries. Truancy! If that's not dependence, I don't know what is.

MIKE
Did you use to order a small fry, but now you have to order a large to feel just as happy?

ME
Yes! Now I have to order TWO larges. One to have later, because I worry about not having it when I really need it!! Like at 2 in the morning! McDonald's isn't open then!

MIKE
I think you hit at least 3 criteria within 12 months....Michelle, I'm afraid you've met DSM IV criteria for McDonald's Dependence

ME
Sigh. I've denied it for so long, but you're right. I need help.

MIKE
Diagnosis 304.90 - don't panic, you're not alone. Millions of Americans just like yourself suffer from this very same disease. But you can be cured. MA can help.

ME
Hahahah, this is such sad nerd humor.

MIKE
Michelle, McDD is no laughing matter.