Friday, March 01, 2013

More adventures in parent texting

My parents have become huge fans of texting. My mom still has no idea how to listen to her voicemail, but she's all over the texting.

And they're trying to get hip with the lingo. Almost every text they send me is littered with TTYL! or BRB! or LOL! (which in their mind, stands for 'lots of love,' not what middle schoolers traditionally use it for), every acronym inevitably capitalized and punctuated with exclamation marks.

Recently, my dad has become a purveyor of the word "dude." Hey dude! Blah blah blah, dude! Blah blah, you know what I mean, dude?

Except, he doesn't quite spell it right.

So instead of it turning into a casual conversation between friends, each time he texts me, I'm reminded of just how much of a dud he finds me.