Friday, February 08, 2008

Black holes and revelations

It's impossible.

I look at my stacks of notes and books, kilobytes of information saved on my computer, and the drug charts and mechanisms I've taped to my mirror and fridge, and I just can't see how I'm going to do this. Everything goes in one ear, and out the other.

And I swear it's not for lack of trying.

It really is impossible. More impossible than happily ever afters, that one song from Man of La Mancha, and drawing perfectly straight lines without a ruler.

I want to tear my hair out. It's so frustrating that I seem to have lost all capacity to learn.

I guess I should take comfort in knowing that other people are feeling the exact same way. One of my friends wore a really cute hat to school today, and when I complimented her, she replied, "I hate hats. I'm only wearing one because I need physical barriers to keep the information from flying away..."

So true. Except, forget retaining the information, I'm having trouble getting the material into my head to begin with.

How on God's green earth, am I going to get all of this information into my head? By 8AM on Monday?

It's impossible.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I beat the odds. 170:1.