Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Truly, madly, deeply





Martin's on night float this week, and I'm still feeling sick from whatever illness it is that I have, so I didn't go to lecture today. Which fortuitously meant that I was home when Martin came by in the morning, bleary-eyed from being awake for 36 hours after delivering THREE babies on his very first day of obstetrics.

(No, he didn't con any mothers into naming their baby girls after me. I asked.)

But he did drop by the florist's to pick up the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers for me. And they smell absolutely amazing.

I must admit that I laughed when I saw his card. Because I'm easily amused. But quite honestly, I'm not sure if I laughed because of his so-called joke, or because he was so pleased with himself. His smug "I'm so funny but also really tired" look was to die for.