Saturday, January 16, 2010

Who'd have known

RYAN
Hey! How are you liking peds?

ME
It's good! Tiring, but good.

RYAN
Have you seen my sister around?

ME
No. Didn't you say she's on the C-doc team?

RYAN
I think she is.

ME
Oh. I'm on the hospitalist team. And I never see the C-doc people around. Actually, I never see any Asian interns around at all! Except for the one that just switched onto my team. So unless your sister's name is Carol Mao* who was my intern for the last two days...hahahahaha

RYAN
Yeah, that's my sister.

ME
Wait what!

RYAN
Yeah. Her husband is Charlie Mao.**

ME
OMG! I KNEW SHE LOOKED FAMILIAR!!

RYAN
Oh Michelle.

ME
She was my intern for two days!!! [pause] Wait, are you for reals?

RYAN
Haha, yeah. She didn't mention anything? I told her to keep an eye out for you.

ME
Hahahaha, nope. Probably cause she caught me staring at her a couple of times, because I could have sworn I knew her somehow. I never said anything though. Hahaha, she probably thinks I'm a freak.

RYAN
Haha, well now you can reminesce about it the next time you see her!

ME
Hahaha, will do. But tell her you know me. And that I'm not some strange freaky-deaky who stares at people for no good reason.


---
*Name changed because clearly it's probably not a good thing to have my intern's real name on here. Remember, she already thinks I'm strange.
** His name changed too.