Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Everything sounds funnier in British

ME
Well, it looks like your benazepril is the culprit for all this angioedema.

PATIENT
[in very cute British accent]
Bloody hell! I look like shit. Look at this! My lips are massive! I look like f*cking Mick Jagger! Except, I don't have the moves like Mick Jagger. 
[starts humming the chorus to that ubiquitous song]

ME
Don't worry, it'll start to go down, cause we're starting you on some steroids.

PATIENT
Steroids! I'm not going to blow up and look like some freakish body builder will I? You'll have to call me The Rock! Or what's his name? The Hulk? You know, oh wait! Hulk Hogan!

ME
No no, hopefully all this swelling will just start to go down. 

PATIENT
I bloody well hope so! I mean, I'm already exploding! Look at my arm! I've turned into Popeye after a serious dose of spinach!!