Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Big boy cake

I cook, yes. But I don't really bake. Even though stereotypically I should. I mean, I'm a girl, I'm Asian, and I'm on a pediatrics rotation right now. All signs point to me baking.

I don't.

But for Martin's birthday, I decided that I wanted to bake him a cake. And for some odd reason, I got this cake stuck in my head for inspiration: the most delicious cake in the world from Ronald Dahl's Matilda.


I wanted it to be so delicious that Martin would want to eat the WHOLE thing and feel sick. But sick in a good way.

Like the character Bruce Bogtrotters. I mean, look how happy he is!  Even as the Trunchbull is about to whack him over the head!


So I baked Martin a cake for his 29th birthday.  And because he's a big boy, I made sure to double the amount of rum and amaretto the recipe called for.


For your present this year, I will refrain from smashing cake in your face. Even though it makes me so happy to do so.


Happy birthday Martin. <3