Sunday, August 03, 2008

Say it again

You would think that playing Taboo with two of your best friends would be super easy. I mean, you can draw on inside jokes and shared stories. But apparently, all that friendship history goes out the window when I'm up to bat. Seriously, I have no idea where I get my so-called clues from. It's official, I'm the world's worst Taboo player. At least it's always amusing, even if we can only get through a maximum of two to three cards per round.


Michelle

Ahhhh, um, uh...the sound you make when you cough!!

Martin
ACK!

Neil
COUGH! EK!

Michelle
Um, final blank!

Martin
TEST

Neil
EXAM!

Michelle
This is a video game! Final BLANK!! It was a movie too with weird anime people characters.

Martin
TEST! EXAM! CHAPTER! STORY! END! LAST!

Neil
FINAL FANTASY!

Michelle
YES! Put them together!

Neil
LAST FINAL FANTASY. END FINAL. CHAPTER FANTASY. FANTASTIC CHAPTER. WHAT AM I SAYING?!

Martin
Put what together?!

Michelle
Cough sound and fantasy!

Neil
COUGH FANTASY?!?!

Martin
COUGH EXAM! ACK-EXAM! ACK-FANTASY!

Michelle
Shorter shorter! Put them together!! Forget the first syllable of fantasy!

Neil
COUGH-NAL! COUGH...COUGH-TASY!

Martin
(simultaneously)
ACK-TASY! ACK-FINAL! ACK-FAN!

Michelle
(throws card on the floor)
YES YES YES!!

Martin
Oh my god!

Neil
What was the word?!!

Martin
(picking up the card and reading)
Ecstasy.