Friday, December 12, 2008

Take a bow

I didn't really believe it when I first heard about it in October.

What? Us? Really? How is that possible?! Why? Are you sure?!

I was flabbergasted. And then earlier this month, we got an official email - an email sent to everyone across the nation.

Northwestern University's APAMSA chapter was honored with the Best Fundraising and Chapter of the Year awards for the 2007-2008 school year.

I still don't know why we got it. I knew our group was active and very involved in everything, but never did I think we would walk away with the Best Picture equivalent at the APAMSA Oscars. When I sent in our application, I was about to board a plane for Taiwan, and so, needless to say, our good deeds and merits were mentioned, yes, but only very briefly.

I guess all those leadership forums and high school clubs did teach me something after all.

I'm very proud of my school and my chapter and the rest of the officers and of course the members, and gosh darn it, I can't stop grinning.

I can't quite believe it, but I'm definitely not going to refuse it. We worked hard, and it's nice to be recognized. I lived and breathed for APAMSA, and it feels so good to get a little love back in return.

Chapter of the freaking year!! Holy moly!