Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Just to see you smile, pt 2

My father is cute and old, part 2.

From: Daddy
Date: 3/3/09
Subject: Re: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAY
To: Michelle

Hi! Michi;

Let me know if you need more $$. Mommy just arrived in Chicago. Enjoy her after your test. Good study and have a wonderful test!

LOL,
Daddy


Five minutes later, my dad shows up on Gchat, so I message him to let him know that my money situation is fine.

Michelle
Hey Daddy, yeah, I had to pay for boards last month, so that's why my credit card bill was through the roof. But I think I should be fine for this month. Thanks for checking though.

Dad
O.K. That's good to know. Have you talked to Mom yet?

Michelle
Yeah. Oh, btw...do you know if I have enough mileage to get a free airplane ticket?

Dad
What's btw? Between?

Michelle
No, it stands for "by the way."

Dad
Oh.

Michelle
Which reminds me...why do you always sign your emails with LOL?? What are you laughing at?!

Dad
What are you talking about?

Michelle
LOL stands for "laughing out loud."

Dad
Oh really? I thought it meant "lots of love."

Ten minutes later, I get another email from my father, which he sent to my sisters as well, where he proceeds to apologize for "laughing out loud" at the end of all of his recent emails, and explain that he was just confused by all these newfangled internet abbreviations.