Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Never say never


So Justin Bieber really is everywhere these days, isn't he? From taking Disney princess Selena Gomez on public dates to IHOP to hawking things like lip gloss, it makes perfect sense that he's on seemingly every billboard, his infectious music playing over every commercial. I mean, he is the person who single-handedly brought back the bowl cut. Stock in blow dryers has skyrocketed thanks to him. For all we know, he is the reason why the economy is slowly getting better.

Then I saw this. Mind you, it was huge so that my eyes really just went to the largest letters on the billboard.

I must admit that I freaked out for about thirty whole seconds, before I read it more carefully and realized it was an ad for PETA.

Because see, on first glance, I mistook U SMILE for USMLE.

Oh man, that cued up some god-awful feelings I have for taking boards. And then I couldn't stop wondering if Justin Beiber was trying to sell some kind of USMLE Qbank, guaranteed to get you high marks on all of your licensing exams.

Seriously, could you imagine?