Monday, July 18, 2011

E.T.

NURSE
Doctor, your patient just hit his roommate. Unprovoked.

ME
What! [Name redacted], why did you hit your roommate? I thought you guys were friends.

PATIENT
It's not my fault! I have a homunculus in my brain! 

ME
Er, what?

PATIENT
No seriously! A tiny gray man jumped in my eye and now he lives in my brain. But he looks funny, 'cause he has a giant head with great big lips and small tiny arms but a humongous big toe.

ME
Well...that's kinda true.

PATIENT
And he controls my movements.

ME
Hmm. Kinda.

PATIENT
See -- it's not my fault. The homunculus wanted to hit him. Not me.

ME
Ehhhh, that's where your reasoning goes wrong. But you're partly correct about the whole homunculus thing. 

PATIENT
I KNEW IT! I HAVE A MAN IN MY BRAIN!

ME
Oh crap. I didn't mean to say it like that.