Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Love you more

I'm horrifyingly nostalgic tonight.

Maybe it was because Lisa sent out an email asking for everyone's addresses, and although I always knew it, somehow seeing all the different zip codes made me really grasp how far flung across the continent we are. Maybe it was seeing everyone's titles and positions in their email signatures. Maybe it was realizing that we were using proper email instead of AIM group messages full of improper capitalization and emoticons. Maybe it's because I just found and listened to my very first Lifehouse album that soundtracked our freshman year so perfectly.

My friends, we've grown up.

I miss that I'm not as close to anyone in residency as I was with them. I miss how I can't just wander into my neighbor's kitchen and plop down in my oversized dorm t-shirt, complete with a double entendre slogan, and just wallow in self-pity or group-pity or whatever it was that we did at 3am in the morning on far too many occasions. I miss the ten different viewpoints to our arguments, I miss laughing over our awkward encounters, I miss our group breakfasts and dollar-store mugs full of coffee, I miss everything.

I miss us. Because I can't help but feel like I'm never going to be able to recreate our crazy group chemistry.

I miss what we used to have.


I guess they were right. College really was the best years of my life.