Saturday, September 13, 2008

That's amore

Last year, my friend Matt and I would have Donut Days. These fabulous celebrations always fell on the school day right before the dreaded TEST DAY. (Cue dun dun dun music here.) We'd send each other cryptic emails ("the eagle has landed! the eagle has landed!") and meet on various dark and empty street corners at seven in the morning to head to our local Dunkin Donuts.

Donut days were the highlight of each and every unit.

So my next test is coming up. And my body knows it. Because it's craving donuts like nobody's business. And seriously, it's everywhere! I turn on the TV, and there's Giada making her tiny, but delicious-looking Italian donuts on Food Network. I'll switch over to regular cable and Rachel Ray will be hawking donut holes for a commercial.

Donuts donuts everywhere! Except, sadly, in my belly.

I'm also craving fried chicken. Fried chicken and donuts. Random aside, anyone else see that Bonnie Hunt talk show where this chef combined Krispy Kreme donuts with fried chicken? You'd think it'd be everything you have ever wanted, but her face after tasting it implied that it was anything but. (Go to people.com and look for the September 10th They Said What video - it's entitled "Not everything tastes better fried," which I think is absolutely blasphemous.)

So anyways. Just wanted to tell you that my body is really craving some plain old deep fried goodness.