Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Karma

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

And oh boy, was I cold.

I woke up at 5am yesterday for the first time since surgery ended, so that I could catch a cab to get to the airport in time to catch my flight to LA. And luckily, there was a cab waiting outside my apartment so I climbed in, grateful to get out of the drizzle.

Which airport? he asked, his voice strangely familiar to me.

I looked at him, and my brain's recognition center started firing like crazy. It was him, the crazy cab driver who refused to take me to work just a week ago. I felt my face getting red, as my anger started to build up, remembering how rude he was to me.

You!! Oh no. I'm getting out. You wouldn't take me to the children's hospital, so you're definitely not taking me to the airport.

I got out and slammed the door.

And then I re-opened it. Oh, and by the way? Today I was going to pay in CASH.

I huffed off, and hailed a different cab. A different cab that deserved a fantastic fare, and a fantastic tip. Any cab but #3344.

He probably didn't even remember me, but I felt so good afterwards. Karma's a bitch, and so am I sometimes.