Thursday, July 01, 2010

If you're not the one

Yesterday, Martin and I went to The Grove after he finished work, to catch a movie.*

We waited to take the elevator along with two other guys. And then the taller one spoke, and I swear my head did a full 360 degrees swivel, as I turned to see who owned that rather distinctive voice - that voice that I used to hear on my TV once a week.

I started nudging Martin, and making faces trying to make him look at the somewhat ordinary-seeming guy standing next to us. Martin just looked at me, bemused, unaware that I wanted him to look at the guy, and not at my stupid faces.

You see, we were standing right next to Ethan Peck. Star of the just-cancelled the ABC family TV series, 10 Things I Hate About You. Grandson to my most favorite old timey star after Audrey Hepborn - Gregory Peck (of To Kill a Mockingbird and Roman Holiday fame). And Ethan Peck has the sexiest biceps to go along with his most distinctive sexy baritone voice.

At least, I'm pretty sure that was him. I didn't have the balls to actually ask him. And he seemed shorter in person. But that voice! Those biceps! It's unmistakable!

If I could have followed him into Toy Story 3D, I would have.

---
*We saw Knight and Day, and Tom Cruise's desperation to save his action movie star career definitely shines through. And there were times when I wanted to smack Cameron Diaz's character for her stupidity and silliness. Why can't the damsel in distress be the damsel saving the day, for once? What happened to all the intelligent, non-clingy, independent women who threw their hands up at Beyonce in that one Destiny Child's song? Come on.