Monday, August 30, 2010

Disarray

My attending nudged me. Oh my, look at that complex tic. This might be the only time you'll see it - it's SO rare!

I stared at the classroom. Who was she referring to? Which child had Tourette's? There was one girl in the corner singing songs, or was she vocalizing? Her singing was pretty poor and pitchy, after all. There was another kid who kept thumping his chest. Another boy kept twirling his hair around his finger. And then there was another boy, sitting at the table drawing, but shuffling his feet back and forth, occasionally grasping his elbow during his awkward chair and table dance.

Today was my first day of child psych. And while I was completely lost on what I was expected to help out with, and answered questions completely incorrectly, the time flew by.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I love this upcoming month, because this is what I supposedly want to do for the rest of my life.


P.S. My personal statement is officially done and uploaded into ERAS. Praise the powers to be.