Monday, January 02, 2012

When I say I'm competitive, I mean it

ME
Sigh, I can't believe it. How did I gain SO much weight in just six months? It's disgusting.

CO-INTERN
I don't believe it. Did you really gain twenty pounds?

ME
Well, seventeen pounds to be exact. But still, that's disgusting.

CO-INTERN
Have you been working out? Eating salads?

ME
Yeah, but I'm just not motivated to actually go to the gym, you know?

CO-INTERN
Let's start up a Biggest Loser for our class.

ME
OH MY GOD, yes please! I love competition!!

CO-INTERN
Yeah, and we can have weekly weigh-ins during class on Tuesday.

ME
Yes! And we can have punishments for those people who have the fewest pounds lost! Like, no elevator privileges for one week! Or, no specialty coffee for one week! You can only have your coffee BLACK. Or, forced parking on the rooftop!

CO-INTERN
Whoa there. I was thinking of you know, rewarding the person who lost the most weight at the end with a nice dinner or something.

ME
Oh, what's the fun in that?