Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Harder to breathe

"Joy Yee Noodle."

"Hi - delivery please?"

"Okay. What you want?"

"Um. 1 shrimp spring rolls, 1 Korean beef over rice.."

"Okay. That'll be $10.51."

"Wait! And 1 hot and sour soup."

"Small or large?"

"Small--no. Large. Yes. Large."

"Okay. That'll be --"

"Oh! and 1 raspberry freeze with tapioca."

"What?"

"Raspberry freeze with tapioca."

"...is that all?"

"Um. Yeah."

"Okay. Let me repeat the order back to you. 1 Vietnamese spring roll. 1 Korean beef over rice. 1 raspberry freeze with tapioca. and 1 large hot and sour soup."

"Yes."

"You want all of that?"

"...yes?"

I half-expected him to ask if it was all for me. Which it was. But you know. After you go a whole day without eating (okay, that's a lie - I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when I woke up, but you get the idea) you get mighty hungry after you come home from class at 9pm!

The Chinese food came 30 minutes later. And was gone 15 minutes after that.

But the ensuing stomachache has been raging hard for the past 2 hours.

There's a lesson here. It's just too hard to type out while I'm curled up in the fetal position.