Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Drench yourself in words unspoken

I'm sorry I threw rocks at you when I was a kid. I don't even remember I did it, much less why. But you can really stop bringing it up now. I wasn't a perfect child. And you weren't either.

Stop thinking that everyone is out to get you. So your most-hated enemy of all time was coincidentally at the same restaurant as you. Your friends didn't deliberately make sure she was there just to annoy you.

Stop being such a princess. Go get your own milk. Or books. Or gas. Just because someone loves you doesn't mean you can use them.

Fine. You're the pretty one in the family. But I'll always be the tallest. So there.

It's called sun. You should get some.

I didn't try to steal your boyfriend. And no, I wasn't in love with him. No matter what you think. But fine. I'll admit I was jealous of you. Because you stole my best friend. And I hated that he agreed to stop studying with me, so that you'd be happier. So much for white flags and truces. I still hate you.

You shouldn't have stood me up. That was too much embarrassment for a seventh grader to handle. I hope you end up driving a garbage truck. And I wish I didn't listen to my naive friends and forgive you. You didn't deserve it. I don't even think you actually were sorry. You were too excited to be dating an eighth grader.

I feel so comfortable around you. And I'd rather spend time with you than anyone else in the world.

Stop talking to your boyfriend in that really fake high-pitched voice of yours. It's not cute. At all. It's just super nasally.

Sometimes I wonder if you're just using me to get over her.

I feel the most unpretty when you call me up for a drunk hookup. And I hate that I pick up. Because even though you dole out great kisses, you're still a douchebag.

I lied and told you that she was the blabbermouth, because I didn't realize it was a secret. And I'm afraid to tell you the truth, because I'm pretty sure you'll hate me.

Screw Moulin Rouge and their "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" tag line. I wish I hadn't let you convince me that I was the best thing in your life and that you would never hurt me. It would have been so much easier getting over you. It would be so much easier.

I told you to cut your hair because you looked dirty and greasy with the long locks, even though I know you were trying to go for the whole emo look. Turns out you looked better with the longer hair.

I'm not shy. At all. I don't say anything around you because I'm afraid I'll sound stupid.

When you explain something to me, I nod my head and pretend that I understand, when really, I have no idea. You kinda suck as a teacher.

I hate that I still care about you, even though you might think that my silence means that I'll forever hold a grudge. I care enough to hope that you've stopped smoking. Seriously. Twiggy to Black Lung on two (and I know you still read this), just stop.

You intimidate the hell out of me. Because I don't understand how one person can be as perfect as you are. Seriously.

You're not supposed to use your med student as your own personal gopher. Thanks for letting me shadow you and all that, but really, I'm supposed to be learning and practicing my exam skills, not getting coffee for you and your nurses. With my own money.

I think I'm a horrible person for even writing this out.