Friday, January 05, 2007

Rumour 'bout a revolution

This year I know better than to make resolutions about going to the gym or not procrastinating. Those are wishes, not resolutions, and since you can't make a cheetah change its spots, and I will always be a lazy bum, there's no real sense in trying to change me. Or maybe that's a lion. Which doesn't have any spots whatsoever. Anyhow, let's get to it.

1. No soda. Same resolution as last year, just because I came so close, but came up short. So this year - I'm gonna make sure I make it through all twelve months. No soda. Hello water.

2. Stop putting my foot in my mouth. In other words, learn to shut the hell up. I'm a huge victim of word vomit. Especially in awkward situations. And all the talking? Doesn't make it any better.

3. Spend more time with family.

4. Stop creating fires. (I might have caused a small electrical fire the other day. Something about the light bulb not fitting the lamp and burning fuses. In any case, I'm letting my roommate put in all light bulbs and preheat ovens from now on.)

That's it. Happy 2007 everyone.