Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Different names for the same thing

CHRIS
Hey!

ME
Hello! You start orientation yet?

CHRIS
Yeah. It's good. I like most of us.

ME
Haha, only most of them? That's honest. 

CHRIS
Yup. How about you? You still on vacation?

ME
I start orientating tomorrow.

CHRIS
How do you feel?

ME
I am freaking out. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

CHRIS
Hahaha!

ME
[fake indignation]
Why do you laugh at my pain? At my terror?

CHRIS
Because it's not real.

ME
It IS real! I'm awkward and strange. And I give off a terrible first impression. I'm more of a grow on you kinda gal. Like fungus.

CHRIS
Nothing wrong with that. Just don't overtalk like I do when I'm nervous.

ME
Sigh. I overtalk and laugh too loudly and do awkward things with my hands.

CHRIS
No worries, it's endearing!

ME
Chris, you know 'endearing' is just the term friends and families use when they actually mean 'annoying.'