Friday, June 17, 2011

Shelter

Rome wasn't built in a day, but my apartment only needed three days to put together! I am an IKEA furniture master assembler. Also, my parents are kinda amazing at using IKEA tools. Take that, screwdriver.

The doorway: So, because my apartment is next to the elevators, I have this fabulously large entryway. And I clearly needed to do something with it. Needed an area to tug on shoes, check makeup, chuck keys, and for my superstitious Asian mother, a place to put my money tree.

Continue through the hallway, pass the kitchen, and go into the living room.


I love the openness of it all! And Ami and Jean (and Gelia and Markus, hello Germany!) will notice all of my South African treasures. Including the very large canvas I hauled back from Cape Town, now framed and prominently displayed! True story, it was so large, I had to buy another suitcase in South Africa, just to bring it home.

The bathroom! Small, but cozy.

And, my favorite room of all -- my bedroom! Complete with a brand new memory foam mattress!! I love sleep.


And you might have noticed my fabulous floor-to-ceiling windows in both the living room and my bedroom. Except they aren't actually windows at all. They're doors! Leading out onto the most wonderful balcony ever.  Where I have views of Disney Hall, the Hollywood sign, LA City Hall, the Los Angeles Times, and the smog overlying the city. Because hey, it makes for great sunsets.
Trust me, it's even better in person. So come on out and visit! (I even have free guest parking!)