Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lovefool

Happy Valentine's Day. Or as some like to refer to it - singles' awareness day.

We single folk rant and rage at this so-called hallmark holiday. But let's think of it instead as a celebration of what's possible. What's out there, waiting for us. Because I'm positive that we will all find that one true thing.

Let's be happy. Let's take a stand this holiday and not play the part of the stereotypical singleton bummed out on the couch, eating everything in sight, dressed in pajamas, counting down the top 50 chick flicks with E! On TV. Or do do all of that, but celebrate it. Celebrate being a couch potato. Celebrate happy endings. Celebrate letting your hair down and being yourself. Celebrate the wealth of possibilities out there.

Don't hate valentine's day. Today is a day to celebrate love...not necessarily being in love. And I think all of us, deep down - no matter how cynical we may be, no matter how many ex-boyfriends we might not talk to, no matter how large our "boys are stupid - throw rocks at them" poster might be, regardless of all of that - we all believe in love.

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient,
consuming,
can't-live-without-each-other love.

I'm perfectly content this Valentine's Day because I know it's out there, and it will find me and I will find it one of these days and angels will sing and the gods will smile down on me, and the world will be - for one glorious moment or epoch - wonderful.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Celebrate.