Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Quiet inside my mind

Did you ever have a day when it seemed as though your world was crashing down all around you, and you were absolutely powerless? Defeated, you decide to throw in the metaphorical towel; you stop trying to hold on to that little piece of your life that you thought you had absolute and complete control over and as it, too, comes crashing down, you realize you never really were in control.

I'm having one of those days.

And man, it sucks like no other. I wish I were strong enough to tell people that, at such a time, I don't want advice (no matter how well-meaning it is). I don't want generic promises of a better tomorrow. I don't want reality, cause let's face it - reality bites. I don't want you to remind me of other things that I need to do. I don't want to have to keep appointments. I don't want to have to put on a face and be happy for you because it's expected of me.

What I do want is quiet. I want to pretend that for one - two - even ten - minutes, the world has stopped turning, as someone holds me and pets me as I have my much-needed cry. I need someone to be my little bit of sky that isn't falling. Better yet, I need someone to help me hold up my world, no matter how useless an endeavor it might seem. It might be hopeless, but at that point where I have nothing, it would mean everything to me.