Saturday, April 01, 2006

I wanna be bad

Last night, I was feeling down and somewhat lonely. Everyone is seemingly engaged or about to get engaged. Me - I can count the number of boys whom I've dated on one hand. And as I was talking to my best friend on the phone, I realized, I'm way too conservative. I've got to just dive in.

So, after hanging up on my friend - because of the time difference, she was far more sleepy than I was - I decided that I was done with being little Miss Goody-Two-Shoes. I called up two of my guy friends - who were conveniently already intoxicated - and asked them where they were. They were - of course - hanging out at the local bars, with a bad boy type I had met just the day before. Boys that they are, they were highly receptive to my need to "just get drunk" and my friend immediately drove over to pick me up. [Side note: Kids, driving drunk is a horrible thing. Don't do it.]

Once there, I started chatting up the bad boy of the week. The last time we had hung out, I had flirted with him, teased him - much to my friends' entertainment, since they knew that he wouldn't be getting anything from me, while he - of course - had no idea what an angelic prude I am.

Upon seeing me, he remarked that I was late. They had started drinking at 10pm. When I arrived, it was a little after 1am. Laughing, I told him I had to finish some things that I had wanted to do earlier in the week. Spurred on by liquid courage, he remarked, oh - like this? And, taking me completely by surprise, kissed me. I was shocked, and confused by my emotions. Instead of being completely outraged, I thought - that just might be the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me - even though the circumstances weren't exactly the best.

Clearly, my prince charming is actually a more villainous type. And so, with that, I bid adieu to the Sandra Dee in me. Say hello to the hot, new, Pink Lady. Bring on the bad boys. Bring on Danny Zuko. This is my time.


Happy April Fools' everyone. :)

But I'm only half-joking about this story.