Saturday, April 08, 2006

You give me fever

My spring fever has turned into a full-fledged beast of a fever. So, having conveniently slept through all my classes for the week, I'm now stuck in bed and entertaining the possibility of actually cooking an egg on my 101.4 degrees Fahrenheit head. So much for a self-imposed timeout. This seems far more like divine intervention, or just a mutiny of sorts on my body's part. (Or "body parts"? I'm delirious; this post is getting harder and harder to write coherently).

When I get better, I will post. I promise. (Never mind that I also have two midterms this week that I haven't started studying for.) This past week, I attended Second Look weekend, and I've found that I'm terrified of change and petrified of attending med school. Me? A doctor? Who was the nutcase who decided I could cut it?! So there's a post just waiting to happen.

Also, the beginning of this quarter, I had thought that I could "date like a man" as they call it. No commitment. No overanalyzing. No caring that he didn't call. No waiting by the phone. No emotional attachments. But in the end, I'm completely and utterly a girl and I just can't do it. More stories to come.

In the meanwhile, I have to go find my voice, since I most inconveniently lost it two days ago, and it hasn't come back to me yet.