Friday, April 28, 2006

This post brought to you by Paranoid

It's been a while since I've felt this way about a guy.

I take it back. I felt this way about this same guy three years ago, but I was young and naive and thought that there were bigger fishies in the sea, and had a lot of detours before I recently realized that he checks off everything on my infamous list. I've rediscovered my ideal guy, if you will.

So I was telling my friend about how I had found this guy who is perfect for me.

"Oh? How so?"

"He's tall, dimpled, and Taiwanese."

"Oh I think I know who you're referring to!"

"What!?"

"Yeah! Isn't he from Ohio? And he has a sister? And he plays the violin? And he's older right?" he queried, listing more of his characteristics and my qualifications.

"Y-Y-Yes...how did you know?!" I sputtered, a little worried that my friend might be stalking me.

"There aren't many tall, dimpled, Taiwanese boys in med school."

Amused that I had clear proof that a) my friends know me too well and b) there is only one fish in the sea for me, I put up an away message with the less incriminating part of our conversation, and then went on my merry way to the gym.

I came back an hour later and realized with horror that The Boy and his best friend were both online. Having talked to them on and off throughout the past three years, I started freaking out that they somehow had read my away message (probable) and deduced who I was referring to (doubtful).

After spazzing out, I decided that I was overthinking things, and my secret was most definitely safe with me and my friend.

Then I checked my email and found that the best friend had written me an innocuous note mentioning how it had been a long time since we'd last talked and asked how I was. Granted, that may be pure coincidence. Still, cue the paranoia.

So I checked his away message, which read: Funny how history always repeats itself.

HOW DOES HE KNOW?!