Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Miss Independent (part II)

A sequel to the 5 Friends campaign:



All the famous kids are doing it. You should too. Get out there and vote.

Highlights:
"I can do anything - I was in a boy band." - Justin Timberlake
"I'm going to vote because I fell in love...and I want it to matter." - Neil Patrick Harris

Speaking of which - to the kids in California - vote NO on prop 8. Seriously. That thing's messed up. Because sure, in real life, love itself may be difficult and messy at times, but the bottom line is simple. At the end of the day, you want to be able to love whomever you want, and marry the one you love. God knows love is hard enough without having to get politics involved. And really, why is politics even butting in? It's like the awkward third wheel on a date. Totally unwanted and just completely ruins the mood.

So vote no. I promise you - actually, I guarantee - the sanctity of marriage will not be destroyed. So just say no.

I'll get off my soapbox now. But whatever you believe, get out there and vote. It does matter. You matter.