Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dream on

I had the strangest dream last night.

I was in my house (or at least what I thought was my house) in California. And my two sisters were there, along with the family dog. My parents had seemingly been replaced by Sam Neill and Laura Dern (or maybe I should say, Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler since they were in full costume). And we were trapped in the house with a giant purple and green scary-looking dinosaur. (I know I said purple and green, but you should think this, and not this.) Anyways, I was essentially in Jurassic Park.

Now, Jurassic Park is scary, okay?

I was trapped in a house with this blood-thirsty dinosaur. And all we had were tranquilizer guns. And we shot the thing a million times before it finally keeled over. Still alive, but down. Funny thing is, while everyone else stayed and watched the dinosaur sleep (or whatever it is that it was doing), I ran through the house trying to find a way out. But eventually, I knew that inevitably the dinosaur would wake up, and for some odd reason, I went back to the room where everyone else was. And we waited for the inevitable. Because the only way to get out of that situation was to attack.

I woke up in a pile of sweat.

And I realized - I think I might be getting a little worried about this unit. I am after all, a week behind. And this one week's worth of material seems disproportionate to all the other weeks' material. I am behind by nineteen lectures, eight case studies, and a million and one powerpoint slides. Adding to my stress is the fact that today is the last day of hematology. Tomorrow we start oncology. One week of material was an entire subunit! Seems impossible, but true.

So I should probably stop puttering around, and attack that clotting cascade monster that is waiting for me. It's inevitable, and there's no other way out.

(UPDATE: It is also possible that the boyfriend's snoring reminds me of dinosaurs' roars in my unconscious state, and that's what set off the whole dreaming of Jurassic Park thing, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.)