Friday, April 30, 2010

Spanish eyes

Martin's off gallivanting around Spain for 2 weeks as his one last hurrah before starting residency. I've been so envious from all the descriptions of the food he's eating, the places he's seeing, and the people he's meeting. He's been seeing works of art! People watching in historical plazas! Eating ostrich burgers! Me? I've seen hernia repairs and cholecystectomies. And by seen, I mean whatever I can manage to peek at while I'm retracting and holding things out of the way for the surgeon to work in a itty bitty 1-inch hole.

Spain or gallbladders? Yeah, I think Martin wins. I think he's definitely having a better time than me. So much fun, I was positive he had completely forgotten all about me and was running around with the wild women of Spain.

And then he sent me this:

(madrid)

And then, 2 days later, sent me this:

(seville)

Aww, I wish I were there too! But I guess this will have to do - can't wait to see where he takes sketchbook me next.