Friday, December 24, 2010

Do they know it's Christmas

I love the Boston Pops. And I love that they're able to carry on just fine with a hotshot celebrity guest conductor who clearly had no idea what he was doing, but faked it pretty well. Hahaha, I didn't know whether to cringe or applaud.


They were conducted by Shaquille Freaking O'Neal!! Who came up with this idea?? Hahahaha. I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Man, did you see that Celtics game?
Yeah, Shaq is awesome!
Hey, we should have Shaq come in and conduct a piece for our holiday concert.
Why??
Why not? Besides, it's Christmas.

Because, at Christmas, anything is possible.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Stay warm and cozy and full of hot cocoa and good cheer! I'm sending you all very merry tidings and lots of love from sunny California.

Though, I gotta admit that I'm kinda missing all the winter wonderland-y Chicago goodness today, as blasphemous as that statement may be.