Friday, December 24, 2010

More than words

At a recent interview, they asked us to go around and introduce ourselves, with a one-word description of ourselves. I was first.

Hi! I'm Michelle, and I'm wholesome!

Wholesome.

Of all the words in the entire English language, I choose "wholesome." Not gregarious or hardworking or efficient or responsible or dedicated or any of the other various words that are all interview-stamped approved. Heck, someone said he was "laissez faire," so technically, I could have said something in a different language as well. Even MORE words I could have chosen from to describe myself.

Nope, I chose "wholesome."

Of all words. Wholesome.

I basically branded myself as a terribly boring homebody who doesn't know how to let her hair down and have a night on the town.

The one upside? One of the applicants said she was "sacrificing." Which, I don't think is a good thing to claim unless you're Jesus. So at least "wholesome" was better than that.