Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let it snow

To those who are wondering about the Boston vs Mayo question, I ended up choosing Mayo.

I choose Mayo because it is the stronger program. The last time I was in Boston, I was very aware that unless you were at THE Mass Gen, your hospital was viewed as inferior. The other hospitals were just OSHs, sending their patients to MGH, or taking care of MGH patients who had stabilized and needed to be moved on out. And minus one Amy (who will be at the aforementioned MGH), I wouldn't know anyone in Boston. So heck, what's the difference? Me and my television can become even better friends over the next several years in Rochester, middle of nowhere, Minnesota.

And that's only if they'll have me.

Many thanks to everyone for contributing to the discussion. I'm very aware that Boston has far more real-life things to do, and infinitely more foodie places and crazier sports fans. But Mayo is Mayo, and if there's one thing I want to be in three or so years, it's a damn good psychiatrist. And that means seeing the whole spectrum of patients. Being at the hospital where the OSHs refer patients to. Even if it means lots of snow and no romance.

So if I end up at Mayo, I'm going to expect you all (especially everyone who voted for Mayo), to send me care packages filled with Asian foodstuffs.
-------
ME
If I end up in the middle of nowhere, will you send me food? And mail out a couple of boytoys every now and then?

THE AFOREMENTIONED AMY
HAHAHA, I'll get you an inflatable.

ME
That'd be great, thanks!