Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Silent sigh

Me
Oh my god. The guy next to me in the library keeps sighing like he has the entire weight of the world on his shoulders and he has no idea what to do. He's all like - SIGH. I hate life. SIGH.

RF
What? Seriously?

Me
Yeah. Freaking every five minutes. SIGH SIGH SIGH. You know, giant deep breaths in and then a long agonizing wail as it comes back out. That's what he sounds like. You know what's even better? Every so often, he'll mutter "oh God" or "whyyyyyyyy?"

RF
WTF.

Me
I know! I want to tap him on the shoulder and tell him to go take his suicidal ideation elsewhere because his whole 'woe is me' attitude is NOT GOOD FOR CONCENTRATING. That's so mean, huh?

RF
No, it's not mean. It's necessary. Do it.

Me
Okay.

RF
NO WAIT COME BACK - I WAS KIDDING!