Thursday, November 20, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun

It's one week until Thanksgiving!!

My friends and I are having a potluck thanksgiving, and of course, the task of cooking the actual bird fell to the ladies. Now, mind you, none of us have ever roasted a chicken, much less a turkey. But we have faith in ourselves. And very detailed step-by-step recipes.

So after much emailing back and forth about different recipes, which one did we choose?

Should we live out our Top Chef dreams and make a Tom Colicchio turkey? Or go with the tried and true Martha Stewart "Perfect Roast Turkey"? I mean, even Gwyneth Paltrow raves about it in her GOOP newsletter.

Well, we decided that for our very first turkey EVER, we were going to go with...


Yeah I know. We're such food connoisseurs, can't you tell? Apparently it works like this:

Step 1: Put frozen turkey in oven bag.

Step 2: Put turkey in the oven bag into oven and forget about it for three hours as you play board games and drink cranberry champagne cocktails. Do not worry about plastic melting into your turkey.

Step 3: Remove turkey from bag, and enjoy!


Yeah, I'm a little skeptical, but apparently it's not that far out there. I mean, there are even Reynolds Oven Bags that are specifically TURKEY SIZE.

Who knew? Seriously! This is amazing. Put it in a bag, forget about it, and somehow it will be come out JUICIER and TASTIER than you ever imagined.

I'm kinda super duper excited. But just in case, I'm hoarding all the Domino's pizza coupons I can find. I mean, we have to feed people after all.