Monday, January 26, 2009

Dream a little dream of me

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for more than nine months now and have been best friends for much much longer. As a result, we spend pretty much every waking moment together. Heck, non-waking moments as well.

But ever since he's become a hot shot third year medical student, responsible for patients and saving lives, he's had to "take call." Which means that he has to be at the hospital. Overnight. At least once a week. Sometimes twice a week. Just in case something happens.

Which means that on those days, I have to crank up the temperature on my heater, because I don't have a personal furnace to cuddle up to for warmth.

Martin, being the sweet and considerate boyfriend that he is, tried to remedy the problem. And so I now have Teddy on loan. Yes, the teddy bear that he's never named, but has had since he was five, when his mom picked it up for him at a flea market.

It's not quite the same thing, but Teddy comes close.

Dorky? Yes. Sweet? Of course.

I might not give Teddy back, but don't tell Martin that.