Saturday, January 24, 2009

Smile

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Nothing all that exciting has been happening. Besides studying. Constant studying. Nothing but books and notes and syllabi and a little bit of Wikipedia, and then even more books (and yet, I still feel like I might fail). Speaking of which, while I was attempting to do that whole book-learning thing, I did accidentally wander into the "cool kids" section of the library yesterday (how do I know? Because I felt decidedly uncool. Good job Michelle, you fail!) But anyways, that is neither a story for here or there. It's actually not a story to be told at all, since well, I just told you the beginning, middle, and end.

Anyways. While it might look like I'm studiously studying, really it's more like 80% goofing off online, and 20% highlighting every single word in my notes.

How can I spend so much time just wasting it? Easy. I troll the internet for fun and giggles, and here are some hilarious things that I've seen in just the last 24 hours.

1. OBAMA and Single Ladies

So yeah, this is awesome. Single ladies (my current favorite get-out-of-your-chair-and-just-DANCE boogie), and OBAMA (albeit a fake Obama, but still). And how good is this fake Obama? SNL needs to hire him, stat, because Fred Armisen just doesn't do it for my Obama-lovin' heart.

2. The He's Just Not That Into You boys tell the male population why they should watch the movie (and no, the answer is not Scarlet Johanson nekkid in a pool.)



3. In Vivo. Our med school had a comedy/variety show this weekend. And there is one skit "PUNK'D" (yes, modeled off of that show of Ashton Kutcher fame) - where a second year med student pretends to be the PBL moderator for a bunch of first years. It's pretty hilarious. And I can't believe it actually happened! "So what do you think is the importance of the big baby eating jello?" "Um, maybe we should make jello metabolism a learning issue?" Seriously, my ticket was worth the price of admission for that video alone! Anyways, if you're from Northwestern, go see tonight's show. It's awesome. And for the rest of you, I will post the video as soon as it shows up on youtube.

Have a great weekend y'all. Keep smiling.