Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good vibrations

Apparently, if you ask, you shall receive.

Today, I found out that I got a scholarship that I applied for. It's not for much, but hey, in these times, every little bit counts, and I was ecstatic. Over the moon, in fact. I think the powers-to-be just felt sorry for me, considering that I alluded to the fact that my laundry desperately needed to be done. And how.

Then, I went to school, and found out I had died and gone to PBL heaven. Ladies and gentlemen, we have the most awesome PBL room ever. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake and Navy Pier. The nicest receptionist and secretary ever, whom promptly showed us where the juice and soda and tea and coffee were located. This is prime PBL real estate!

And to cap it all off, after getting some good studying in - enough to feel good about myself - my phone rang. It was my doorman, telling me to come home.

"Good afternoon, Miss Michelle. This is Ray the doorman. I just wanted to let you know that you received some flowers today, and I can't think of anyone else in the building more deserving of them."

Yeah, they really do call me Miss Michelle. It's quite sweet and old-fashioned, and I like it a lot. But I like secret surprise flower deliveries even more.

So, anyways today was a good day. Today was lucky.

See, today is my little sister's birthday. And she was born on a Friday, to top it off. And even though my three-year old self had begged my mother for a little sister, once she actually came, I wanted to get rid of her. True story, I put her in the recycling bin. See, even then I was quite the environmentalist. But I digress.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, today was a good day. And it's characteristically always been a good day. Thirteen is lucky. Too bad it wasn't an actual Friday though! I might have won the lottery or something.