Thursday, January 01, 2009

Unfold


Given last year's New Year's Eve festivities (fireworks! marinas! sushi! apple cider with strawberries! falling stars!), this was not at all how I expected 2009 to start.

Last year, I wore my sparkliest top and splashy 2008 eyewear for a night out on the town. This year, I wore a hospital surgical mask, and spent my night at home, hacking up my lungs.

Granted, 2008 was the longest and the hands-down winner for worst year of my life. Sure, there were some good moments, but the bad far outweighed the good. And seeing how 2008 started off so promising, only to crash and burn and then burn some more, maybe it's a good thing that I'm starting 2009 this way. After all, the only direction from here is up!

Here's to a year full of joy and laughter. May our lives be lifted up with hope and the promise of change, and may all our hard work be rewarded with goodness.

My resolutions this year? Laugh more, worry less, and work damn hard.

Happy New Year everyone. 2009, don't let me down.